Saturday, May 8, 2010

Braxton Hicks nightmare!

Most pregnant women know what I'm talking about when it comes to Braxton Hicks, the no fun "fake" contractions! They say that they will stop if you lay down or take a warm bath WELL the night before last mine DIDN'T! I still have 8.5 weeks to go and I started to freak out a bit and of course called my mom rather than the dr! Typical me thinking RN Cindi can fix anything even though she is 1100 miles away from me.

In the end they lasted about 2 hours and I found out that they can start around 32 weeks and normally last 15-30 seconds but can last up to 2 minutes and can be painful! Just as long as they don't dilate me I can possibly enjoy them till I deliver...what fun! NOT!

I head back into my drs this week (I thought I finally had a week of no appts, WRONG!) to find out if I have dilated at all. Let's all pray NO because I don't have time for bed rest!

0 comments: