Wednesday, December 12, 2007

English Final (I know it's long, but I need to vent)

First let me give you a little perspective so you understand where I’m coming from, my midterm was a nightmare and full of drama! I couldn’t find a parking spot and ending up having to hike it to the building and ended up being late; which threw me off completely! I felt rushed and my essay paid for it! Thankfully we were able to make at home revisions and I was able to pull off a passing grade. So knowing that, I left at 10:30 this morning for my final that was to start at noon. (It is a 10 minute drive at most) I wanted to make sure that I had enough time to find a parking spot and be able to walk to class. The parking gods must have felt bad for last time, because as soon as I turned into the school there was a spot! I pulled in and had a good 45+ minute wait before I wanted to start heading over to class. I was sitting in my car talking on the phone and getting my backpack together when the parking lady pulls up and all commando style walks right up and starts giving me a ticket! I very politely ask her what she is doing, can’t she see I’m trying to get out of my car. She barks at me to step back and gave me a fricking $30 ticket!!! This is when my heart starts racing and I starting to get pissed! I tried my best to plan ahead and make it an easy trip just to get to my final! She wouldn’t even hand me the ticket! She places it on my window and pulls off in her little scooter! There goes my whole theory on the parking gods looking out for me! So from there, I take the ticket and little envelope that came with it to mail in a check and sit in my car. (After I put money in the parking meter) The more I stare at the ticket the more I’m starting to feel mad and then I feel tears starting to fall down my face! I’m not much of a crier, but this is my first ticket of any kind and I was pissed that it was over something that I didn’t even do wrong! I found the number on the back of the ticket and called customer service. The poor guy who answered, he very polite and told me to appeal the ticket and that I shouldn’t have gotten a one. Now I have to write a letter and go through the process of telling the courts how they hired an idiot!
Onto my finals, now that I’m in a GREAT mood, I have to run over to class because I was on the phone too long and when I get there I’m out of breath and feel the exact way I did during my midterms. The professor gives us our topic for the essay and it was either you felt one way or the other. 20 minutes into it I think I should change my view and start over. Knowing that this is a 90 minute timed essay I thought I was in the clear, so I delete my essay and start over. I type as fast as my little fingers know how to, and of course my computer starts messing up! Every time I go back to add or delete anything the computer starts deleting the next letter, it was like every time I added one it took away two! And then if things couldn’t get any worse my professor says, “You have 15 minutes left, you should be on your editing” WHAT?! I wasn’t even halfway done and I still had 45 minutes, or so I thought. I call her over and she proceeds to tell me that the extra 30 minutes are for waiting in line to print! Now I have 10 minutes to finish the 2 paragraphs and a conclusion to write! There is NO WAY that I passed and as I said before you have to pass this essay to pass the class. So lucky old me gets to take English AGAIN!

1 comments:

Cindi G said...

If she gave you guys 90 minutes for the essay, she should give you 90 minutes! Sounds like she doesn't want to spend one minute longer with her students, so she takes your essay time to "print out" the papers. That is so wrong!! Hang in there and show them how you really shine. We all know how great you are!!!!!!