Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Years!

As 2007 is ending tonight I thought I would write a post about what we’ve done this year.

Nothing big happened at the beginning of the year, in March we packed up and moved down here to San Diego. It took the boys and me 19 hours to drive! It was long and pretty much uneventful! Ethan did wake up in the wee hours of the morning and saw the moon setting while the sun was raising and he still talks about it today. We entertained ourselves by playing all the car games you can think of, but the boys favorite was picking a color of car or truck and trying to be the first to find one. When I wanted a quiet moment I would pick some odd color like orange and they would stare out their windows forever.

Brandon transferred in April and we spent a good amount of time trying to set up house; while Brandon was trying to figure out which boat he was going to since they decided to change it at the last minute. He ended up going back to the USS Topeka and I don’t think (I know) he wasn’t so excited about that. When he left the Topeka in 2004 he had some very choice words that I won’t repeat on here! I truly thought we had seen out last days of all the drama that comes along with the Topeka, but to our surprise Brandon was given a second chance to change his feelings about the boat. So far I think they have worsened!

June was a crazy month, Amya came for her summer visit and then my sister April and her son Caleb came out for a week or so. We stayed busy the whole time by going to Legoland, San Diego Zoo, the pool, the beach, hiking, and I don’t even remember what else. When I think back about it all I remember was how sore I was! While she was here, my father-in-law Tom and his wife Kathe came for a night. They were in Arizona and thought since they were that close they would drive over for a day. We had a blast at the San Diego Zoo with them. After April and Caleb left my mom and sister Hannah came for a night. Hannah had a softball tournament in Vegas and I played the guilt with my mom and said if Tom and Kathe were willing to drive to see us she had to as well! It worked and they made the 5 hour drive to go out to dinner, stop at the beach (weather was crappy) and go home sleep, and then turn around and get up early the next morning to drive back!

In August mom and the kids were going to come down here for a week but plans fell through, so the boys and I drove up to Washington. We stayed a week or so because Brandon was out to sea for some of it. While I was there I finished sanding mom’s cabinet and we stained them in hopes that the kitchen remodel would finally be finished! (After I left Jeremy hung them for her) To thank me mom was going to send me to get a massage, but me being me thought I hadn’t had my hair done in a long time and would go that route instead. Should have listened to mom! I thought its summer and I’ll go blond! I ended up frying my hair and burning my scalp! My hair was falling out in chunks! It’s still jacked up! Brandon thought he would make a joke out of it and started calling me oozing scalp!



In September the kids started school. Ethan couldn’t wait and Gavin had mixed feeling, one day he wanted to go and the next he wasn’t even hearing it! I also went back to school. I’m trying my best to get my entire prerequisites done before Brandon goes to shore duty, so that way he can help with the boys while I fully focus on nursing school.

In October Brandon left for his deployment and we are missing him like crazy! November and December have gone by fast because we been busy with school and now we are starting tee-ball. We're almost half way done with the deployment and we can’t wait to have daddy back home.

As for having a new year’s resolution mine is to not to go to bed with a messy house. That means that if anyone of you were to knock on my door I wouldn’t be embarrassed to let you in and see any room in my house. Let’s hope that this is the year that I follow through and stick with it. I hope y’all have a very safe and happy new year!

2 comments:

Cindi G said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cindi G said...

What a busy year. I miss you all so much!!! And yeah. . .You should always listen to your Mom.