Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day in the ER

I was upstairs when I heard Gavin and Ethan yelling (play yelling) at eachother and a few seconds later crying. This is what I see...



After cleaning it up I realize that it will need either a butterfly band-aid or glue to close tightly. I take him over to our local clinic in hopes they can do that so I don't have to go to the ER, but of course they send us to Balboa

While we wait during every ER wait I was telling myself it's not that bad and maybe we could just leave. Right when I was about to get up to leave they call our name and after all the in take they clean it better than I did and I realize how deep it is. Next is the steps it took us to get out of there

numbing


every 5 minutes adding more


after 20 minutes good to go


the first doc thought we could just glue it (classic corpsman judgement) while the nurse practitioner realized it needed to be stitched. They wrapped him up like a burrito thinking that he would kick and scream but my champ didn't move an inch

getting stitched up, they covered his eyes thinking it would help keep him still but he was watching through the gauze the entire time





All done




we go back next week to get the top layer of blue stitches out. crazy up close and personal picture but you see what I'm talking about


So that was our day, topped off with lovely San Diego traffic

0 comments: