Tuesday, July 29, 2008

One step ahead of myself

This past weekend I received a yellow postcard in the mail, it looks like some kind of ad that I normally throw away without looking at it. For some reason though I brought it inside and it ended up being the postcard that said Congratulations your application for the extended day program has been accepted! That is the 6 to 6 program before and after school for the kids.

I applied last year but never heard anything so I applied again this year in hopes that the kids would get it by next year. Once I figured out that it was accepted I got all excited and did the happy dance, but then I remembered that I didn't enroll Gavin because I knew Ethan wouldn't get in! I've been trying to come up with a plan all weekend and today I finally got ahold of the YMCA and come to find out... I did enroll Gavin and they both got it!

I am so excited that I wont have to rush home from school to pick them up on time and will actually have a few hours to do some homework each day! I also was able to add a History class so I might not have to go to school next summer and will FINALLY have some time off.

I feel bad for the kids, since it's very important to me that I'm able to help them with their homework and everything, but I need just a couple of hours to get my studies done, this will really come in handy while Brandon is out to sea. By me finishing up school now and putting the kids in this program will pay out in the long run for our family, so that ease's my mind.

0 comments: