Monday, July 7, 2008

Okay Okay I heard you!

I have been harassed for some time now for not blogging in awhile, but I have been really busy with school and family in town, my bad! Lets play catch up...

Hannah, Hailey, and Amya all flew into town 3 1/2 weeks ago. We stayed busy with the San Diego Zoo, Sea World and lots and lots of pool time. We had other plans but thanks to Hannah losing her toe nail (pictures and story to come) we had to change plans around a bit. We really wanted to go to Soak City over here and with her help we would have been able to manage the kids vs. adult ratio (since I don't do swimsuits) But overall we had a great time and Ethan and Gavin loved spending time with Auntie Hannah and baby Hailey. We miss them already!

For the 4th we went the Davis' for a BBQ. I'm still trying to get used to not be able to do any fireworks of our own, but the bank account was thankful and the dry California land. In my personal opinion it takes way some of the fun. One of these years I will get back to good ole' wet Washington were you can let your pyromatic self free with as many fireworks as you desire.

My highlight of my summer so far was yesterday when we went boating and Ethan and Amya both tried knee boarding for the first time. After Brandon wasn't able to pull himself up and wiping out a few times, Amya tired and was able to do it with ease. Ethan wanting to be a "big" kid wanted to try and on his second try got up and wanted to be just like Mr. Keith and tired to do it one handed. I have video and once I figure out how to post it I will. I am so proud! They are tiny little things and seeing them being so brave brought such delight!

That's where we are for now, I will blog more often if my homework time will allow it :)

0 comments: