Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter fun

This Easter kinda snuck up on me and before I knew it, I didn't have any plans and wasn't sure what I was going to do. Milie called and was in the same situation, so we decided to have dinner together.

They came over mid afternoon and the men went out to change Milie's brake pads while we cooked dinner and entertained the kids. We thought that rather the kids just getting their baskets we would turn it into a treasure hunt.

Here they are just before they started


Here's Alex reading the first clue


Michael was the only one tall enough to reach the next clue in the microwave


Next it lead them to the sand box, the only problem is that it is HUGE! Big enough to make a sand volleyball court


After a few holes dug and neighborhood kids trying to help Michael spotted it


The next clue took them to a clock, only problem was that we use either the cable box or the oven for that and since the TV wasn't on and the ham was in the oven we decided to put the clue under the boys alarm clock, but I couldn't find it! Maybe thats why I always have to go in and wake them up! The clue ended up under Amya's since hers was actually in its place


Ethan found it, but...It stumped them


Once they figured it out they were off running towards the mail box, but I have neighborhood kids walking in my house thinking they could play, so I had to shoo them off and didn't get any pictures. But that clue lead them to their baskets and here is what I found once I got the pesky kids out of my house


Here they are once they found the baskets


TREATS!!!



Boys baskets


After all that excitement dinner was almost done and we called in everyone to wash up and we all sat around the table and had ham, mashed potatoes, broccoli, rolls, Milie's potatoe salad and we tired out a new recipe of homemade mac n cheese. Milie also made a homemade cake for dessert; which came a few hours later but was yummy!

After the Garrett's left we sent the kids to the showers and cleaned up. We never did our egg hunt so we thought why not now. Brandon started hiding the eggs in such easy places that I made fun of him and told him to try again. Little did I know that he was right they couldn't find the eggs and we have to give clues and play hot and cold. Lesson learned ;) Overall, it was a great day!

0 comments: