Monday, February 18, 2008

Girl talk

After church we drove out to Chula Vista to meet the girls at Outback for Milie’s birthday dinner. It was surprisingly good; which most of you would think I was crazy for thinking BUT the last time I went to Outback was in Hawaii on a double date with Brian and Krissy and whatever Brain had almost turned me into a vegetarian! I haven’t been back since and now I love it! It was fun watching Milie get a bit tipsy, but the greatest part of my night was afterwards we went to Angie’s and all sat on her bed while we watch the girls try on their sub ball dresses and then sit and have girl talk! Oh how I miss girl talk! And I mean the true sit down and just b/s with each other about life and what we want to do in the coming weeks. No drama, no gossip just good, clean, fun girl talk! I wish I had a picture of it because knowing how crazy busy our lives are who knows when we’ll get a chance to do it again. I mean it took from dinner till almost the time we finally left for us to decide on a time that we would all be able get together for massages! But thank heaven we picked a date and I can’t wait! I have missed getting nightly massages from Brandon. I know that the spa isn’t the same, but it will do! We also picked up on family Sunday dinner, since we are our own military family I thought it would be nice to have Sunday dinner and since I don’t cook as much as I would like I thought I would pick up a few recipes from the gals. I can’t wait for next month when they come over for a home cooked meal that any of them could out do. At least you know you got true friends when they are willing to over go their perfectly cooked meals to come eat my wanna be “family dinner.” The question is do I play it safe the first dinner and cook baked ziti or try out something new that looks good? Huh, I’ll let you know how it turns out!

0 comments: