Friday, May 23, 2008

The story of my wedding band

Here is a picture of my wedding set...


It's a 2.0 t.c.w. platinum wedding set; which I love BUT have had a few problems with. Every time I had the ring cleaned it would make the diamonds loose so I had to send it in to be tightened up. The actually band had caused the most problems, to even where one of the diamonds fell out and I had to send it off to be replaced.

Here's what happened, we were over at a friends house and I noticed that one of the diamonds in the band was really loose. Not wanting to lose the diamond I asked Brandon to hold it. He put it in his wallet, so there wouldn't be any way it would fall out of his pocket.

Once we get home I asked him for it and he jokingly said what you think I would lose it? He opens up his wallet to find no ring! We look all over and it is no where to be found! I have a mini panic attack and hours later finally fall asleep.

I wake up and start bugging Brandon to call his friend so we can go over and look for it. But they don't answer. You should know that we had a long night over there and we didn't get home till 5am or so. But I didn't care, I wanted my ring so I made Brandon get up so we could drive over and look for it.

We go over to their house around lunch time, but they don't answer the door. We go eat lunch and all this time I have made Brandon call every hour to get a hold of them. After lunch we go back over and still no answer, so I figure we will go and look at the jewelry store to see how much a replacement would be.

Make a guess how much just the band would be? Brandon again jokingly said it will be $2000 and he was right! I didn't want to spend that kind of money for a ring that we already paid for once before. So we leave and try to call again.

Finally around dinner time we get a call back and we head over to look, but with no luck! FYI for the next few days I stay in bed and Brandon keeps telling me to get over it and stop slugging around. I didn't know that losing it would throw me into such a funk.

Brandon tried to make up for it by buying the mother's day ring, but as I wrote already it wasn't meant to be. Last week I went to a different store and they offered us the same ring for half the price. I didn't want to, but I wanted out of my funk so I went ahead and bought it. Here's a picture of it...


But now here is a new problem, it is bigger than the last one so the diamonds don't line up. I know I know, always complaining huh? Well I want my ring perfect! So this is what I have came up with. Once I pay of the band, the store will give me credit for the engagement ring (same price we paid for it) and I will use it as a credit to buy a matching one. Well actually I'm not going match-e match-e, I'm going for a solitaire that I thought I didn't want. Here is a picture of it...


What do y'all think?

1 comments:

Waldo Valdés said...

Me gusto el Ășltimo...