Friday, January 18, 2008

Here's your sign (Bill Engvall for those who dont know)

Some of you know that I handmade Hannah’s baby shower invitations and thought I would do the same for mom’s 50th birthday. I wanted to do something different and a tad bit more elegant. I have for days been trying to come up with the perfect invitation. We have made daily trip to the craft store and it has I guess become a routine because tonight Gavin comes up to me and asked when we are going to Michael’s (craft store)! I have pretty much been on the floor of my bedroom making different cards and trying to figure out which one I was going to go with. I finally finished today and made my way down stairs to find out that the boys have thrashed downstairs to my unknowing! It was so bad that all I could do is turn around and come back upstairs to take a breather. I called the boys to my room and told them they needed to pick up the mess or else! I then was told by my 5 year old, “Why should we clean our mess when your room looks like this?” I looked around my room and saw the millions of scraps of cardstock and photo trimmings. I would take a picture of the mess, but I do have some pride. Instead here is the final invitation for mom’s party.

I guess I have no shame!!!



And here is the actually invitation

0 comments: