Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Brandon's pinning ceremony

Yesterday was a busy day, but here is how it went down... We woke up bright and early after mom and I tried to be rock stars and stay up all night and hang out and watch TV, went to FINALLY get the boys hair cuts, try to find teh PERFECT rememberable gift (which didn't happen), and then we back home to put our fancy clothes on, and off to pick up Milie and her kids and then headed over to the base to get good seats. We got there early, but the good seats were already gone. So we took our seats in the back and tried to figure out what was going on. Once the ceremony started the guys matched in singing Anchor's Away and they all lined up and it was really neat to watch. Me being blind as a bat wasn't able to find Brandon so I zoomed in and started taking random pictures in hopes that I would find him, and I DID! Here's the random ones that lead to finding Brandon. Nope wait yup, there he is Milie and I had to entertain ourselves while all the other guys and their 547 families members who they selected to pin them was introduced. I was under the assumption that 2 max was the limit, but I was schooled and now have learned that even during "the greatest day of their lives" that some choose to kiss ass and have the Admiral pin them. Here is the video of Brandon being pinned by his dad Tom and my mom Cindi

I took the video and Milie took pictures, once she gets them to me I will post more. Here are a few from after the pinning and I'll blog about dinner and the waiter!

0 comments: