Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kids first day of school

Today was the kids first day of school and my first day of 9+ hours alone! It started off with the boys not wanting to get up since we have been having some sleeping issues, but they ended up laughing cause I thought I would try the tickle effect to put them in good moods.

Gavin was going back and forth on if he wanted to go or not, and in the end he was smiling that was UNTIL we got there. They have the kids meet in the lunch area; which is outside and each classroom has a space to sit. We find Ethan's class room and there isn't anyone he knows sitting there so he freaks out and says he doesn't want to go in that class becasue all the kids at that table are too big. This sets Gavin off and now I have him grabbing at my leg for dear life.

I walk back and forth between their tables and realize that their classes are on opposite sides so I wont be able to walk Ethan to his class. He says he is okay and I walk over to Gavin's table and this is when we meet his teacher. We already know that he has issues with short hair and guess what, yup short hair. He JUMPS on me and says no I don't like her hair. Thankfully she is extremely nice and Gavin even gave her a half smile. At least that was what I thought until we walked to the classroom.

Gavin started crying and she just grabbed him and pulled him into the classroom and has him sit down. I watch through the window and I see him curled up in a ball crying and he says, "Mommy I don't want to be here." I wanted so badly to walk in and grab him and say forget it. He is on the younger side and he can actually wait another year. If we were in a tradition school he would be waiting another year, but since we are in a year round school the birth date cut off is the end of the year instead on August.

In the end, I leave and go about my business. Oh we went to a BBQ yesterday over at Angie's and forgot our camera over there. I was upset that I didn't have the camera on their first day of school. I had to use my camera on my phone, but I'm going to take more tomorrow and just pretend so I can post some pictures on here.

0 comments: