Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What we do while Brandon is on duty

We all know that Brandon isn't the biggest fan of the outdoors, and even though we have all tried it takes a game of golf or football to get him to do something outdoors. This past weekend Brandon had duty and we thought we would get in some of those outdoor things we like to do without him so we don't have to deal with any complaining. I took the kids to Mission Trails Regional Park that isn't far from our house, only 10 minute drive at best. Since i have moved here I have been looking for different trails and trying my best to find something to compare to back home.

I know that I won't find anything like Multnomah Falls, but I've tried my best to find things that will keep the kids interest. No kid likes to hike up a dirt trail and back and not see ANYTHING cool.

I found Sunny Jim Cave where you can walk down 145 stairs that were built over 100 years ago to make access to see the "face"

We were actually going to do that but I found out that it's actually 7 caves and that you can kayak them. Here is a picture of some of what you would be kayaking...

We will be doing that the next sunny weekend. I actually might leave the kids with Brandon and take some me time and do this.

Back to hiking and Mission Trails here is the trail map...

There is SO much to do other than all different types of trails to choose from to either walk, hike, run, bike, and even ride a horse on. But there is also area to camp, boating, and rock climbing. Here are a few pictures from out outing




0 comments: