Monday, October 6, 2008

A bit spiritual

I was writing down my personal goals and desires in life to visually see what I need to do to become closer to those goals. As I was writing all I could hear over and over in my head was bits and pieces from the young women’s theme, some of you know what I’m talking about and for those of you who don’t here it is for you

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him.
We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things,
and in all places" (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live
the Young Women values, which are:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works, and
Integrity.
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants,
receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

Why am I writing this? Because after I look over what I want in my life they all fall under one of those values. So here’s my question is this my push, my shrug, am I supposed to be listening? They say the universe/God gives you hints; first a tab on the shoulder, than a shrug, than a push, to it screaming at you and if you don’t pay attention than it’s on you.

I’ve been lost for awhile and trying my best to find my way back. My tap was a web link and for days I stayed up reading and watching videos about the church, then my shrug came as missionaries at my door. My push was taking visits and finding comfort in knowing that I’m not alone in my struggles. And now it’s screaming at me because every thought and idea I have lately relates back to something to do with the church. Everything to me right now is Mormon this Mormon that, I shouldn’t do this I should do that, I should pray tonight especially with my kids, hey lets have family home evening, to okay I’m going to church this Sunday.

I wish I could snap my fingers and my husband and children would feel what I feel and believe in what I believe. I’m so lost and confused on how to make that happen.

0 comments: