Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Omnivore's Dilemma

I love to read, but I'm the type that if the first paragraph doesn't grab my attention I half read through the following pages and if that doesn't do the job then I put the book down- never to be picked up again. I know that's not fair to the book but the author should had known better and wrote an outstanding first chapter. (Like my justification?)

Anyways for English this semester we are reading



I am struggling to get through this, it's not a completely bad read, but it is dragging so far. (Part one is about corn and the journey it makes from growing in the fields in Iowa to being eaten in the car in California, enough said right there to make my point!) Maybe its cause last week I spent 2 solid days reading the Twilight series (I just have to say I am infatuated with the love between Edward and Bella) or maybe it's because I don't really want to know how my food got to my plate. Yup that's right, this book is about how 4 different meals and how they got to the dinner plate. I don't really want to know the process my meat took to become my meal. I'm already a border line vegetarian and having to read every detail just might do the job.

0 comments: