Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's 99.99% for sure


That's what Brandon told me prior to making chief, that no matter what if he made it or not that we would be staying on the Topeka. I took that at face value and made plans for the kids with school and after school programs and even for me with my school. Everything was falling into place (except my financial aid) for us to stay here. My goodness, Angie and I even made plans to fly out and meet the guys on their next deployment!

Once he made it he is told by the command master chief that there is no way in hell that he will allow Brandon to stay on the Topeka and that he would try to keep us on the west coast. WHAT!? West coast? I didn't even plan to leave San Diego! Ever since I have had issue sleeping cause as most of you know I have to have a plan. I need to know what is going on in my life and where I'll be. This is my BIGGEST complaint about military life, the not knowing!

Today Brandon called and said that it is 99.99% for sure that we are transferring to the Asheville which is a good thing for his career and for us becasue it is stationed here in San Diego and they are on deployment now so Brandon will miss it.

Any wagers on if we'll fall into that .01% again and have another change of plans

After two tours aboard the USS Topeka and some great friends it will be sad to leave


Hello, USS Asheville


Hooray San Diego!

0 comments: