Saturday, August 2, 2008

Oh the commotion!

I had to write a review of The Merry Wives of Windsor and all the students raved about how good it was and how much it cracked them up blah blah blah. I thought I would tell my opinion and I said how I didn't agree with the plot and that I don't find adultery and egoistical men funny. OH the up roar I caused, "How can you NOT appreciate the humor of Shakespeare?" "What are you talking about?"

My goodness, all I did was post how I felt and that I think there are other things then hinting at homosexuality and demoralizing a person that are funny.

I did mention that I think that the actors did an amazing job with what they had, there I go again! All I meant is that I think that those actors could pull off any play.

So here is my dilemma, actually it's not a dilemma I am who I am and as I said in my review this is a play for those who love the performing arts and those that only engage themselves in situations that they approve of then they need to stop and think about it before attending this play.

Oh I also got it because I reviewed Romeo and Juliet with such greatness, "How could you agree with the murders in Romeo and Juliet and enjoy that play and not this one?" If they would have read my entire review I said I didn't agree with the killings it wasn't something I laughed about. Overall, my review was that everyone has a different opinion of humor!

Gees, what a day!

0 comments: